9.25.2012

Fall Sensory Table



Materials Needed:

Anything you find outdoors!  We found pine cones, acorns, sticks, rocks, leaves (and I threw in a few fake leaves that I had from the Dollar Store) 

What made this sensory table special is the girls and I went to an outdoor nature area and went on a scavenger hunt for all the things we could put in our table.  I was actually very surprised at how much Big K truly enjoyed this outing. It was remarkable the things she was spotting and the conversations we were having while on our adventure.  Little K did too but you know...And the weather was PERFECT!  As you can see from their outfits, although fall is here it doesn't quite feel like it yet.  But it's here and we are ready to celebrate!  Bring on the crisp air! 



Rocks weren't really something I intended them to find for their bags but that's what she wanted so that's what she got! 



Our favorite find..."Ball!" (no it's not really in her mouth, no worries)



To the squirrels:  "here you go little bud. I've got  your acorn food."



"I'm walking in the desert making footprints."


"Come on sissy, let me help you out of the dessert."


Pure Nature



These things were everywhere!  Why do I not know what they are called?!


Post hunt snack in the shade.




Then we took our bags home and dumped them into our table for some more fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment