10.29.2012

Halloween Art

These first two Halloween crafts, Big K actually did last year but since I didn't have this blog at that time, I'm compiling them all together to do a whole page of Halloween crafts!  Honestly, I'm quite disappointed in myself for not doing more this year because I kept having the intentions too but the month of October for us is just entirely too hectic!!!

The first project is egg carton spiders. I tore one little "egg" section out of an old egg carton and let her paint it black for the body. Then we added some googly eyes and pipe cleaners for legs.  Super cute and she kept it on her dresser forever. And you can sure bet she knows spiders have 8 legs! 




For this pumpkin I drew out the outline of a pumpkin with a pencil to give her a little bit of guidance but then let her paint it freely on her own.  I'd say quite impressive considering she wasn't quite even 3 at the time!  Handprints for the stems!  


Every year, I try to do something different and creative with our pumpkin decorating.  This year we did bat pumpkins.  Little K's only turned out looking the best because a certain someone had to glue all her pieces on.  But she did do the majority of the painting!  Big K won the award for creativity though because it was all HER work and she thought the bat should have 4 eyes.  Why not?!


And last but not least, simply pull out some pumpkins cut out of construction paper or foam with a variety of different shapes they can use and let them freely decorate their own jack o lanterns.  You'll be amazed at how much they enjoy doing something this simple.  We've done it several more times since!  


Well, that's all I've got!  I promise I'll try to start getting a little more creative soon.  The brain's just been a little burnt out lately. =)  

No comments:

Post a Comment