6.20.2012

Cloud Dough Sensory Table

This was one of my favorite sensory tables of all time!  Ok, it was a favorite of all time for Big K too which is most important.  I mixed up some "cloud dough" and included some cupcake materials since it  was March in honer of Little K's 1st bday.  Big K had a blast making "cupcakes" for her sister.


Materials Included:

Cloud dough (recipe found below)
cupcake liners
candles
sprinkles (with lid still attached so only for pretend)



No it was probably not safe for my child to be placing candles in her ears but I let her keep them in long enough to capture a picture because I had to hand it to her that it was quite creative and cute. =)



Recipe for cloud dough:

8 Cups of Flour
1 Cup Baby Oil

That's it!  Mix it together.  It will be crumbly but when you play and form it with your hands it molds together and comes back apart easily too! 

Note: This one wasn't a great table for Little K to actually "play" in yet.  She just wanted to eat it all the time and as you can imagine, baby oil tastes quite nasty!  I plan on trying it again in several months when she'll hopefully be more ready! 








No comments:

Post a Comment