8.09.2012

Jello Sensory Experience

Ok, I have to admit in advance, I went a little crazy with the picture taking in this one.  But I just couldn't help it.  They were so darn funny!  

I mixed up 3 batches of jello and placed some shapes in (to reinforce shape recognition with Little K).  Once it was set, we plopped it in our sensory table and I just let the girls have at it however they liked.  



We talked about all the words we could to describe the way it felt.  Cold, smooth, slimy...


But it sure didn't take long for this little one to realize it was edible.


Then they both went after it!





Squishy!

 And would not stop eating it!!!



They were even slurping it out of the shapes! haha






Never do I ever choose to take an activity away but this time it eventually became necessary.  They would have eaten those entire three batches of jello and had some serious tummy aches!  I just let them have their fill and get all messy, then jump in their pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment