8.07.2012

Alphabet Fun

We've started doing letter themed weeks here in our household lately.  Basically we pick a random letter from the alphabet and do things that go along with it all week.  We talk about there sounds, practice writing them, read books that have a common theme with that letter, etc.  My favorite thing we've been doing is making a letter craft into something that starts with that letter and also going on our letter scavenger hunts.  

We started with the letter B as that tends to be a fairly easy one for little ones to nail down.  AND there are so many things in our world that start with the letter B if you think about it.  Especially baby world with a baby sister around!  Here is our bee "B" and items we found during our "B" scavenger hunt

Frog "F"
Pig "P"

Some of my letter ideas were inspired by a post I found on Pinterest while many of them I am coming up with on my own.  Some day, months down the road, once we have gone through the entire alphabet, I will try to share with you our entire collection of letters!  But get creative and try to come up with different ones on your own.  It really is fun and Big K and I both have enjoyed making them! Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment