7.11.2012

Colorful Bottles


I saw an idea somewhat similar to this some time ago on Pinterest.  Ours didn't turn out near as glamorous but the girls still enjoyed it so who cares!  haha  I first gathered two empty mini water bottles and filled them about 3/4 with water.  I then set out some supplies of different colors and textures that they could place in their bottles.  


They loved putting everything in.  I say everything, I should say almost everything.  The dice ended up being to big for the opening at the top.  You would have to have a different shaped bottle for that.  Even Big K loved this activity because initially it was really only planned for Little K to work on some fine motor skills and following directions.  I turned it into a lesson of sinking and floating for Big K.  She noticed that the tiny pom poms floated but then after awhile sank.  Got a little lesson in there about how when something fills with water, it becomes heavier and then sinks.  


Very focused.



Little K decided to keep the cups and make her own game of stacking when we were all done. She stayed engaged with that much longer than the actual "activity." 



And then of course we very often just end up getting into our sensory table and dancing around with whatever we've got.  She's my wild girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment